Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Original Pippin

We have a great dog. I had a dream last night that made me laugh at my lofty opinion of him.

In my dream, Kevin and I lived in an apartment community. One day I was walking around outside and I found a little lost puppy that looked like a baby Pippin. On his collar I found 2 tags: one said the puppy's name, and the other had this inscription:

"This dog is believed to be the direct descendant of the original Pippin."

After talking to some neighbors, I realized that while Pippin had been sowing his wild oats among the neighborhood, his offspring had been so widely approved of that a new breed was born.

I would like to introduce to you... the Original Pippin:


1 comment:

Courtney said...

That's funny! And he is so cute. Maggie just walked in on me reading this (she is supposed to be going to sleep) and she said, "We need to get a dog like that. And we need to get an apple tree like that."